Saturday, May 29, 2010

Jewish Boys

Ok, just nearly cried laughing over Nate's last post. How can I possibly top that...

So, we're hopping onto the elevator this afternoon at the hotel, and these 4 Jewish tween boys ask us where we're from. I say the United States and they're like "duh, where?". I respond, Boston and they get really loud (sort of like a group of excited girls) "Ohhhh, we LOVE Boston!" and all want to high-five me. Now, I happen to be a person who loves high-fives, so I went for it. Apparently they love Boston. One of them said he loves Chicago and I'm thinking, that's not too close to Boston, but thanks for contributing. They are talking amongst themselves for a second in Hebrew and it must've gone something like this: "Hey, what's the coolest thing we can ask they to say in their cool American accents?" They think for awhile, then one of them says to us in his thick accent, "Can you say, 'Charlie bit me'?" Really?? This is the best of American culture? That Charlie kid and his brother were British, weren't they? None-the-less, we obliged and they thought it was the funniest thing they every heard. Ever. Next it's "what's your name?" and I'm thinking, do I want to tell them? So I say "Guess" but they think that's my name for a second, so they say "Ok Guess, and what about you?" turning to Nate. Them one of them gets it and they start that loud laughing group thing again and say "Ohhh, we get it! haha!" Anyway, they like us so much that they hop back on the elevator with us. They try to convince us their names are funny sounding things that are probably Hebrew swear words or something. There is much more laughing until we get off the elevator at our floor and they, thankfully, don't follow us.

No comments:

Post a Comment